The biggest market in Leh and you can’t afford to miss this antique and beautiful market. The top most place to collect mementos, handicraft and gifts for friends and family.
The market is most popular for Pashmina wool garments, Pashmina shawls and stoles. Also, the peoples here are very creative and Locally handmade woollen socks, gloves, caps and sweaters are a favourite of tourists in Ladakh. Carpets with dragon on it is also famous, which can be used as a decorative wall hanging.
Traditional Ladakhi jewelry with turquoise and Tibetan silver jewelry along with handicraft items including Buddhist masks, prayer wheels and Thangka paintings are also famous. Leh is a land of Apricots, so whenever you are in Leh, don’t forget to buy apricots because the quality will be good.
Some good venues for shopping in Ladakh are
- Ladakh Art Palace and Tibetan Handicraft Emporium on Main Bazaar Road.
- Ladakh Environment and Health Organization on the Main Bazaar Road.
- Tibetan Handicraft Community Showroom and Ecology Centre in Choglamsar.
- Women’s Alliance in Changspa.
Main markets in Leh are
- Tibetan Market on Old Leh Road for clothes.
- Moti Market near Leh bus stand.